29 Jun Five things to know about CIL
Posted at 10:21h in Latest News
What a week! Here are five great things happening at CIL:
1. Our youth ministry had an amazing beach camp over the weekend. I am proud of all the youth staff who sacrificed a few days to bless these teenagers. Youth ministry makes a positive difference in our world!
2. An outstanding group of adults are leaving for Costa Rica this Saturday. Pray for this team while they are sharing Jesus from July 2-9.
3. Family Sunday happens this week. There will be nursery provided, but children age 5 and up will worship with their parents at either the 9 or 10:45 am service. It will be great for families to worship together!
4. The Seniors Fellowship Group had a great interest meeting last Sunday. If you consider yourself an adult senior, mark your calendars for Friday, July 22nd at 6:30 PM for a Pot Luck Dinner / Social Time & Game Night. For more details, call or text Shelby Cavender at 214-616-5265.
5. It is time to start thinking about the Back-to-School Blessing. With your help, we will distribute 210 backpacks full of school supplies on Saturday, July 30th. Would you consider sponsoring one or more of these backpacks? For $25 you can fill a new backpack of school supplies for kids whose families don’t have the means to purchase them. Sponsor backpacks here.
I look forward to seeing you this Sunday at 9 or 10:45am.
I love being your pastor,