20 Feb A Culture of Prayer
Posted at 15:01h in General
As I prayed in 2018 for God’s direction for the next decade of our church, I felt impressed our church family should emphasize particular areas of development. I submitted this to the Elders, and they agreed with these focuses:
– Mature Believers
– Culture of Prayer
– Leadership Development
We still have a long way to go in all of these points of emphasis, but the Lord is helping us! As we help create and nurture a culture of prayer, here are some opportunities I want to inform and remind you about.
Special Prayer meetings coming up:
– Ash Wednesday Service, March 6, Noon-1pm.
– Prayer and Worship Night, Friday, March 8 at 6:30pm.
– Maundy Thursday Service, April 18 at 6:30pm.
– “National Day of Prayer” Worship Service, Thursday, May 2 at 6:30pm.
Weekly Prayer opportunities:
– Intercessory prayer, Thursdays at 9:30am, “The Study” at CIL.
– Pre-service Intercessory prayer, every Sunday, 30 minutes before each service, “The Study” at CIL.
Please come to any portion of these weekly or special called prayer meetings that you are able to. Sometimes I feel I can only drop in a prayer meeting for a few minutes. Even that short amount of time changes my heart and makes a difference in our church family.
“…if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land (2 Chronicles 7:14).”